Modern Apprenticeship Opportunities at Alex M Adamson LLP
Due to the success of our previous Modern Apprenticeships Alex M Adamson LLP have two more fantastic opportunities within our Collections team for Trainee Administration Assistants/Witnesses. One role will be based at our Head Office in Falkirk while the other will be based at our Livingston branch, with occasional support being required by our Sheriff Officers out on the road. Each position will be on a permanent full-time basis.
This exciting opportunity is ideal for anyone interested in administration and business within the legal sector and would provide the successful candidates with the opportunity to kick start a career in either of these fields. The successful applicants can expect a full training programme and support from our team, with an aim of the candidates building the skills to provide an efficient flow of support to all divisions. The position would allow the successful candidates to gain work experience in a busy office alongside an industry recognised qualification. This is an entry level role where the successful candidate will complete a Modern Apprenticeship in Business and Administration SVQ Level 2 or 3/SCQF Level 5 or 6 qualification.
What might a typical day in this job look like?
Apprentices will be given full training with support to allow them to perform the following tasks after a comprehensive training period:
- Provide the first point of contact on the telephone and at the office, adopting the telephone manner as laid down in the distributed instructions.
- Ensure client queries are dealt with efficiently and with a professional approach.
- Distribute, process and record correspondence promptly and accurately.
- Learn how to load, prepare, report, fee, and invoice diligence, debt and trace cases accurately.
- Complete electronic and manual filing of records as necessary.
- Process tasks allocated on our Minerva system, ensuring decisions taken are in line with collection guidelines. (All systems training will be provided)
What will I learn?
The apprentice will be given ongoing support whilst learning on the job and will gain transferable skills such as:
- Working with others
- Problem solving
- Information and communication technology
- An understanding of the industry
What qualification or qualities are required?
- Good keyboard skills
- Computer literate
- Good attention to detail
- Excellent communications skills
- Ability to work well as part of a team
- Polite, confident and honest
- Excellent timekeeping and attendance
- Ability to meet conditions of service/working hours
- Willing and able to participate fully in the Modern Apprenticeship Programme
- Experience of dealing with the public
- Educated to National 4 level
Organisation - Alex M Adamson LLP
Qualification - SCQF Level 5 or 6 / Modern Apprenticeship Level 2 or 3 Business and Administration – Alex M Adamson LLP
Location – Falkirk or Livingston (with occasion work outside of the office)
Full Time - 35 hours per week
Start Date – Spring 2018
Qualification - SCQF Level 5 or 6 / Modern Apprenticeship Level 2 or 3 Business and Administration